July 15, 2020
Habitat for Humanity (HfH) of Wausau is seeking an Executive Director to provide overall leadership to the organization while acting in accordance with the directives, policies and objectives as set by the board of directors. In addition, the Executive Director will act as an advocate for Habitat for Humanity in order to achieve the organization’s mission and vision.
The responsibilities of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing all aspects of the affiliate operation by directing, training, supervising and recognizing the paid and volunteer staff in the performance of assigned duties.
- Ensure that the affiliate adheres to governmental regulations and HFH International policies.
- Maintain responsibility for the development and maintenance of sound financial practices while ensuring that adequate funds are available for the successful operation of the organization.
- Partner with Executive Committee, Board of Directors and affiliate committees in the development and completion of the following:
- Yearly Budget
- Annual Report
- Fundraising Plans and Grant Development
- Strategic Plans and Policies
- Donor Relations
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Ensure the effective flow of communication between committees, staff, volunteers and the board of directors as is necessary.
- Serve as spokesperson for the affiliate.
- Establish and foster positive relationships with local school districts, media outlets, local manufacturers, lumber yard and contractor building material donors, and professional organizations related to these areas.
The successful Executive Director will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in not-for-profit management or other related management experience.
- Must be organized, able to meet deadlines and manage multiple diverse projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to motivate and foster a positive environment for affiliate office staff and volunteers.
- Maintain working knowledge of trends and developments in the field of non-for-profit management.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Additional qualifications the successful Executive Director could process are:
- Ability to setup online retail sales
- Experience in retail store management
- Background in home construction project management
- Experience in salvage of home construction materials
Interested candidates may submit your cover letter and resumes to:
Habitat for Humanity of Wausau, Inc., Executive Search Committee, 1810 Schofield Ave., Weston, WI 54476
Due Date: July 31, 2020
Habitat for Humanity of Wausau, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.