Current Job Openings
Habitat Store Team Leader:
Habitat for Humanity (HFH) of Wausau is seeking a part-time, (30 hours per week) Team Leader for the Habitat retail store. The Team Leader will provide overall leadership for the store operation in accordance with the direction, policies and goals set by Habitat’s Executive Director and Board of Directors to achieve the organization’s mission and vision.
The responsibilities of the Team Leader include, (but not limited to the following):
• Managing all aspects of the store by planning, organizing, supervising and recognizing the volunteer staff for efficient operation of the store, and preparation of products for sale.
• Ensure the store adheres to governmental regulations and HFH International policies.
• Create and manage donor relations for donation resources, pick up, in-take, salvage and donor acknowledgements.
• Assist with development of strategic plans and budgeting to achieve affiliate goals.
• Accountable for store sales goals, schedules, promotions, cash and inventory management.
• Effective flow of communication between donors, committees, staff, volunteers and the Board of Directors, as necessary.
• Safe operation of and maintenance of equipment, facility and salvage projects.
• Foster development of relationships in the community and with other HFH affiliates.
• Be on-site during open hours for donations and Saturday sales. Handle customer needs and inquiries.
• The successful Team Leader will possess (but not limited to the following qualifications):
• Associate degree required, Bachelor preferred in retail sales, merchandising, marketing or business.
• Demonstrated experience in construction materials, pricing and trends.
• Must be organized, able to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse groups of people.
• Ability to motivate and foster a positive environment for affiliate donors, customers, general public, and volunteers.
• Work typical schedule of Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00 am to 2:30 pm.
• Current or ability to acquire forklift certification within 90 days.
• Fluency in social medial (Facebook), Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn proprietary software as needed.
• Able to lift 50 lbs. approximately 10% of work week, possibly more occasionally.
• Successful completion of driver license, criminal and sexual offender background check.
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resumes to:
Email to Office@habitatwausau.org
or mail to
Habitat for Humanity of Wausau, Inc.,
Attn: Team Leader-Search Committee
1810 Schofield Ave.
Weston, WI 54476.
Phone or walk-in inquiries will not be accepted. Habitat for Humanity of Wausau, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Reply Due Date: June 30, 2019